Monday, May 4, 2009

Sunday Group

Sunday is my restday. I usually just stay at home, do a bit of chores in the morning and attend to my regular activities in the afternoon. I play badminton for at least two hours in the afternoon then proceed to church at 4pm to attend Sunday Mass. After church, I join my friends to a dinner at any restaurant they'd feel like going. We have only 3 choices - The Melanesian Hotel, Lae International Hotel or the Bunga Raya Restaurant. Yesterday (May 3), I followed them to the Lae Int'l Hotel.

As usual, we updated each other with what happened the whole week. While dining they'd always wait for me to tell jokes. Sometimes even though I am telling stories that are very serious, they'd laugh at it (or me?). My delivery of my stories always seemed very funny for them. This has helped a lot in overcoming boredom in this place. Although a lot of people are saying there is just nothing you can do to entertain yourself in Lae, I realized there are lots of ways to make yourself fully occupied and entertained. It's just a matter of choosing whether to do it or not. My Sunday group is composed of different families - The Sanchezes (Doy, Cynia, Bea and David), the Felipes (Joel, Girlie, Patricia and Iggie), Velazcos (Joan, Shirley and Joshua), the Posadas (Nilo, Janet, Jeff, Koji and Isa) and of course AJ and myself. Bonding with my son, my friends and my son's friends keep us all eager to stay here in Lae. No boring moments, full of laughters, healthy and "unhealthy" jokes, these make us look forward to the next Sunday's dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment